Sunday, April 10, 2011

Needing Moral Guidance

Dear Miss Monroe:


I know you are known for giving honest advice, so I am willing to put myself out there to hear what you think.  Just to warn you, this is a bit of a confusing situation, so bear with me.

I am a practicing Christian.  A friend of mine set up her friend, who I'll call Leslie, with a 'guy' who turned out to actually be a female transsexual. Kelly, who couldn't possibly be an actively practicing Christian, found out about the guy's transsexual status and didn't care at all.  For some reason, she has continued to 'date' the guy. I don't know Kelly or the 'guy' very well, so I didn't involve myself in the situation. 


The problem is that now my friend (who is a Christian as I am) has come to me saying that she finally realizes how wrong this "relationship" is and she's not sure what to do because she doesn't want to lose Kelly as a friend.

I'm not sure what to tell her. At first I thought it would be best to advise my friend not to spend time with Kelly and her 'boyfriend' when they are together, but then I wasn't sure if that would accomplish anything. I wasn't sure if this was a situation where being with them when they're together expresses approval or not.  I mean, you can't just let them think you agree with what they're doing.  I, for one, find it very very morally wrong and am uncomfortable that they are even dating.

I don't want to give bad advice, so I really want to hear what you all think about the situation. I'm not sure if it's relevant, but in case it helps to give a better idea of the picture, we're all college-age (and attending the same college).


Needing Moral Guidance


Dear "Needing Moral Guidance":


What sexual position do you prefer?  I'm just asking.  Are you a missionary-style type of guy, (my first guess) or are you more doggy style?  Does this seem nosy?  Does it seem like this is none of my business?  Well, you are right, it's none of my fucking concern.


Who other people date or chose to date or screw or don't screw and how they do these things is none of your fucking business!!!  If you don't like it, stay out of it!  You screw who you want and let everyone else screw who they want, how they want, and worry about yourself!


P.S. - Jesus ate with prostitutes and tax collectors.  Now get over yourself.


Love,


Miss Monroe



No comments:

Post a Comment