Friday, March 18, 2011

Unappreciated in San Diego

February 21, 2011

Dear Miss Monroe:

I am having a problem with my husband.  He doesn't seem to appreciate me at all.  We have been married for three years, and he has pretty much ignored me for the last two of them.  When he comes home from work, he gets his dinner and takes it right down the basement, where he watches television until bedtime.

He says that I am no longer the person he married and that he misses "The Old Julie."  He calls me lazy and asks what I do around the house all day.  He says our house is a mess and that our kitchen sink is not meant to be used as a litter box.  Well, I am sorry that I ran out of litter boxes and haven't had a chance to go to the store!  He is embarrassed to invite people over.  He hates my cooking.  He says my short, permed hair makes me look like Richard Simmons.  Yesterday, he made fun of the pink Yosemite Sam sweatshirt I got from one of our vacations.  That really hurt my feelings!

Well I am sorry!  I know I have gained sixty pounds since we've been married, but it is hard to stay thin like some Victoria's Secret supermodel.  And just because I don't scrub the toilets every month doesn't mean our house is dirty.  I like to keep my hair short and permed so I can just wash and go.  And by the time I do my scrap booking, make crafts to beautify our home, and play with our six cats, I am just exhausted.  How am I supposed to find the time to bake a ham or fry a hamburger after all I do?

Last week, he said he was sick of eating tuna fish sandwiches and cheese and crackers for dinner.  But he didn't say a word about the wreath I made for our front door!  It took a long time and was really nice with peach, green, and light blue ribbons and baby's breath.  And I got four pages done on my scrapbook entitled, "Cat Naps," but he didn't even ask about them.

I just feel like I can't do anything right.  I feel like he is weighing me down.  I am seriously considering leaving my husband.  What should I do?

Signed,

Unappreciated in San Diego

Dear "Unappreciated":


I think it is high time you ditched this loser and moved on.  He is just jealous of your natural talent and abilities.  He probably feels threatened by your success.  Find your own place, so you can make your own rules and not be bothered by trivial things like finding proper litter boxes for your cats.  To support yourself, think about getting a job in a craft or hobby store.  Then you can even get discounts on the supplies you need to grow yourself as an artist.


Once your husband sees that you are no longer around beautifying your home, heating up pork n beans for his dinner, and playing with your cats, he will come crawling back.  Teach him a lesson!

No comments:

Post a Comment